Applied Optoelectronics Inc. (AAOI) has plunged -26.74% at $6.33 in current market on the last check Friday. The stock of AAOI completed the previous trading session at $8.64. The price range of AAOI shares was between $8.38 and $8.86. It traded 1.37 million shares, which was above its daily average of 0.48 million shares over 100 days. AAOI shares have gained by 12.79% in the last five days, while they have added 25.76% in the last month. AAOI stock fell after release of its quarterly results.
How AAOI has performed?
Applied Optoelectronics is a leading developer and producer of cutting edge optical products, including parts, modules and gear. AAOI’s products are the structure blocks for broadband fiber access networks all throughout the planet, where they are utilized in the web datacenter, CATV broadband, telecom and FTTH markets.
AAOI supplies optical systems administration lasers, parts and hardware to level 1 clients in every one of the four of these business sectors. Notwithstanding its corporate central command, wafer fab and progressed designing and creation offices in Sugar Land, TX, AAOI has designing and assembling offices in Taipei, Taiwan and Ningbo, China.
Financial figures for the third quarter of 2021 ending September 30, 2021 were released by Applied Optoelectronics.
Financial Summary for the Third Quarter of 2021:
- AAOI produced $53.3 million in total revenue in the third quarter of 2020, compared to $76.6 million in the 3rd quarter of 2020 and $54.2 million in the 2nd quarter of 2021.
- AAOI’s GAAP gross margin was 15.3 percent in the second quarter of 2021, compared to 25.0 percent in the 3rd quarter of 2020 and 19.9 percent in the 2nd quarter of 2021.
- AAOI’s non-GAAP gross margin was 19.9% in the third quarter of 2020, compared to 27.4% in the 3rd quarter of 2020 and 25.0 percent in the 2nd quarter of 2021.
- AAOI reported a GAAP net loss of $15.8 million, or $0.58 per basic share, in the third quarter of 2020, compared to a net loss of $9.6 million, or $0.42 per basic share, in the 2nd quarter of 2021, and a net loss of $8.2 million, or $0.31 per basic share, in the 3rd quarter of 2020.
Business Outlook for the Fourth Quarter of 2021:
- AAOI anticipates sales of $51 million to $55 million in the 4th quarter of 2021.
- The non-GAAP gross margin is expected to be between 18.5 and 20.0 percent.
- AAOI expected to report a non-GAAP net loss of $5.5 million to $6.6 million, with a non-GAAP loss per share of $0.20 to $0.24, on roughly 27.4 million shares.
What AAOI is expecting further?
AAOI is energized by the proceeded with strength it is finding in its CATV business and the consecutive uptick in datacom, just as nine plan wins across its business in the quarter. True to form, some part deficiencies affected its business in the second from last quarter, and this is relied upon to keep on being an element in the final quarter, yet Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) accepts the interest drivers stay good for it and expects facilitating of these inventory limitations later on.