Wilhelmina International Inc. (WHLM) stock declined by 4.24% at the last trading close whereas the WHLM stock price rises by 88.29% in the pre-market trading. For now, the rise in WHLM stock is not followed by any news or update. Besides this, WHLM has recently reported its financial results which will be discussed below. Wilhelmina is a global full-service fashion model and talent management agency focusing in the representation and management of top models, actors, musicians, photographers, athletes, and content creators.
Do You Know The Best Place To Find Gains In Volatile Markets?
In today's chaotic marketplace, the biggest gains will come from some currently-small companies that pass by older, larger businesses still stuck in a pre-pandemic world. The trick is figuring out which small caps will be tomorrow's winners. That's why StockWire News has put together a special Wealth Building Report, highlighting 3 small cap stocks set to soar in 2023.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
Financial Results 2020
- The net income calculated for the fourth quarter 2020 and full year ended on December 31, 2020 was $0.4million and $4.9 million respectively compared to a net loss of $5.0 million and $4.8 million for the fourth quarter and full year 2019, respectively.
- WHLM’s Office and general expenses decreased by 26.9% and 18.1 percent, respectively, for the three months and fiscal year ended December 31, 2020, owing to lower rent, legal fees, computer expense, utilities, and other office expenses, partially offset by an increase in bad debt expense.
- Revenues net of model costs declined by 34.4 percent and 44.9 percent for the three months and fiscal year ended December 31, 2020, respectively, due to COVID-19-related delayed and withdrawn bookings, as well as the termination of the Wilhelmina Studios division in the fourth quarter of 2019 and the cessation of the hair and makeup artist division in the second half of 2020.
- For the three months and fiscal year ended December 31, 2020, Pre-Corporate EBITDA of WHLM was $1.3 million and ($1.0) million, respectively, relative to $0.7 million and $3.1 million for the three months and fiscal year ended December 31, 2019.
- Goodwill impairments of $0.8 million and $4.8 million were reported in the first quarter of 2020 and the fourth quarter of 2019, respectively, for the years ended December 31, 2020, and December 31, 2019.
- Corporate overhead expenditures decreased by 3.9% and 14.5% for the three months and financial year ended December 31, 2020, respectively, due to lesser corporate travel costs and temporary decreases in fees to WHLM’s Board of Directors.
Like every other business, the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic had a significant effect on sales during the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2020. Currently WHLM is working to overcome the loss they have faced during the previous year. Nothing can be said with complete certainty about the progress of WHLM for the year 2021 since the pandemic is still not over.