Shares of the Standard Lithium Ltd. (SLI) stock rallied in the premarket trading session today on October 19, 2021. SLI stock price saw a push of 5.04% to reach $10.42 a share at the time of this writing. The stock was gloomy in the previous trade and went down by 10.06% at closing. Let’s take a closer look at this stock.
There is no company-specific news today behind the rising per share price of SLI stock. However, it has been recently reported that the automotive sector will hold the largest share of the Lithium-Ion Battery market by 2030. The increasing demand for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles has also increased the adoption of Lithium-ion batteries. According to the MarketsAndMarkets report, the demand for lithium-ion batteries across the globe will increase from USD 41.1 billion in 2021 to USD 116.6 billion by 2030. In response to this report, various Lithium-ion battery maker stocks are rising including SLI stock.
Recent News of SLI stock:
On October 12, 2021, SLI stock reported positive results of a Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) for its South-West Arkansas (SWA) Lithium Project. The key points from the assessment are given below.
- Pre-tax US$2.83 Billion NPV at a discount rate of 8% and 40.5% IRR.
- After-tax US$1.97 Billion NPV at a discount rate of 8% and 32.1% IRR.
- Production of 30,000 tonnes per year average of quality lithium hydroxide monohydrate having 20-year mine life.
- For per tonne of battery quality lithium hydroxide, operating expenses are $2,599.
- US$870 Million estimates for AACE Class 5 Total CAPEX including conservative 25% contingency of direct capital costs.
- SW Arkansas Lithium Project PEA lithium brine resource is updated resulting in the increased in-situ resource of 1,195,000 tonnes Lithium Carbonate Equivalent.
SLI stock-initiated Arkansas Carbon Capture Project:
Back in the previous month on September 14, 2021, SLI stock announced that it has initiated the pilot project in southern Arkansas in order to test a novel carbon capture technology. SLI stock collaborated with Aqualung Carbon Capture AS for the undertaking of the pilot project. The main objective was to minimize the emissions of carbon dioxide from the upcoming operations and related supply chain activities.
SLI stock is hot among investors so far but it would be interesting to see how this stock will behave in the future. There is no exact prediction for the per share price of Standard Lithium stock however investors can get the overall idea of the company by looking at its fundamentals and anticipated developments.