Shares of the Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT) stock were gloomy today following the announcement of third-quarter 2021 financial results. LMT stock price saw a downtrend of 11.25% to drop at $334.00 a share at the time of this writing. The trading volume as of now was 1,572,595 as compared to the average trading volume of 1,188,860. Let’s deep dive to explore more of it.
Top 5 EV Tech Stocks to Buy for 2023
According a new report published by BloombergNEF on investment in the energy transition, annual spending on passenger EVs hit $388 billion in 2022, up 53% from the year before. Like we said, the boom is accelerating – and the time to buy EV-related tech stocks is now.
Click Here to Download the FREE Report.
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a security and aerospace company that is engaged in the design, development, and manufacturing of technology systems, products, and services across the globe. The company is currently operating through four segments: Aeronautics, Rotary and Mission Systems, Missiles, and Fire Control and Space.
Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results:
- According to third-quarter 2021 financial results, net sales declined to $16.0 billion from $16.5 billion in the third quarter of 2021.
- LMT stock recorded $614 million or $2.21 per share in net earnings from continuing operations in the third quarter of 2021. This compares to the $1.8 billion, or $6.25 per share net earnings from continuing operations in the third quarter of 2020.
- Cash from operations for the LMT stock was $1.9 billion in the third quarter of 2021. This represents no change as compared to cash from operations in the third quarter of 2020.
Cash Deployment activities of LMT stock in Q3,2021:
- Payments to suppliers accelerated to $1.5 billion in the reported quarter that were due in the upcoming quarter of 2021 as compared to $1.8 billion in the same quarter of last year.
- Capital expenditures in the third quarter of 2021 were $316 million as compared to $408 million in the same quarter of last year.
- LMT stock paid cash dividends of $718 million while the cash dividends payments for the previous year’s same quarter were $672 million.
- LMT stock repurchased 1.4 million shares under an accelerated share repurchase agreement for $500 million in the reported quarter. In the third quarter of 2020, the stock repurchased 0.2 million shares for $85 million which included $26 million for share repurchase in the second quarter of 2020.
The declined results of the third quarter of 2021 as compared to the third quarter of 2020 resulted fall in the per-share price of the LMT stock. The net sales are expected to be decrease in 2022. In a nutshell, investors must do deep research before making any decision.