Shares of the Twilio Inc. (TWLO) stock plunged in the aftermarket following the announcement of third-quarter 2021 financial results. TWLO stock price saw a downtrend of 13.21% to drop at $300 a share in the aftermarket. The stock was gloomy in the previous trading session and went down by 2.33% at closing. Let’s take a deep look at this stock.
Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results:
- Twilio stock reported $740.2 million in revenue in the third quarter of 2021 which represents a 65% increase year-over-year. This also includes revenues of $52.3 million and $23.6 million from the Twilio segment and Zipwhip respectively.
- TWLO stock suffered a $232.3 million GAAP loss from operations in the third quarter of 2021 as compared to a $112.3 million GAAP loss from operations in the same quarter of last year.
- Non-GAAP income from operations amounted to $8.2 million in Q3,2021 as compared to $7.3 million in Q3,2020.
- Basic and diluted GAAP net loss per share attributable to common stockholders was $1.26 for the reported quarter. This compares to $0.79 basic and diluted GAAP net loss per share in the same quarter of last year.
- TWLO stock reported diluted non-GAAP net income of $0.01 per share attributable to common stockholders in the third quarter of 2021. This net income was $0.04 per share attributable to common stockholders in the same quarter of last year.
Business Developments of TWLO stock:
As of September 30, 2021, TWLO stock had more than 250,000 active customer accounts and 7,381 employees. Dollar-based net expansion rate reduced from 137% in Q3,2020 to 131% in Q3, 2021. Morover TWLO stock announced the Twilio Engage platform in order to help marketers to deliver exceptional omnichannel campaigns. Twilio Live is another significant development of TWLO stock that enabled the businesses to experience the audio and video streaming services to scale their businesses. The company introduced the Twilio Messaging X which is the next-generation messaging platform for powering the next decade of messaging evolution.
Financial outlook for the Q4,2021:
Twilio stock has projected its revenue for the fourth quarter of 2021 in the range of $760 to $770 million. Year-over-Year growth is expected to be 39% to 40%. Non-GAAP loss from operations will be in the range of $40 million to $45 million. Non-GAAP basic outstanding shares will be 178 million for the fourth quarter of 2021.
Leadership Updates by the TWLO stock:
Twilio stock reported that George Hu informed the company on October 25, 2021, that he will resign from the position of Chief Operating Officer. George Hu will remain to contribute as a strategic advisor to Twilio until January 3, 2022. The new Chief Operating Officer of the company will be Khozema Shipchandler who previously served the Twilio stock as the Chief Financial Officer.