Shares of the leading developer of innovative wearable computing technologies and solutions, Kopin Corporation (KOPN) was up 3.33% at $5.58 at the last check in after-hours trading. Stock prices of KOPN closed yesterday at $5.40, up 19.73% or $0.89. In the course of the day, the stock fluctuated between $4.47 and $5.88. Overall, 8.62 million shares were traded, which is higher than KOPN’s 50-day daily volume of 1.41 million and its Year To Date volume of 3.38 million shares.
KOPN’s stock price has declined 342.62% over the last 12 months, and it has increased 8.22% over the last week. KOPN shares have lost -34.31% over the last six months, and -19.88% over the last three months. This year, KOPN shares have returned 122.22%. Ahead of its financial results next week, KOPN stock has gained traction.
What else has been going on at KOPN lately?
Kopin Corp produces display and optical technologies for defense, industrial and consumer applications as critical components and subassemblies. AMLCDs, Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS) displays, Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) displays, optics, and low-power ASICs are a few of the technologies KOPN offers.
It was reported that Kopin Corporation has received a $1.1 million order for eyepieces to be used by the Joint Effects Targeting System (JETS).
- Delivery is expected to take place by the end of 2022.
- In joint interest with the Air Force and Marine Corps, JETS Target Location Designation System (TLDS) is an Army-led program.
- As a one-man portable, handheld capability locator, the JETS system is intended to enable rapidly acquiring targets, locating them accurately, and engaging them with precision-guided munitions, improving engagement effectiveness with unguided weapons.
- Kopin Corp. (KOPN) received a significant order for low-rate initial production of this program.
- As a result of KOPN’s program, the soldier is able to perform reconnaissance on targets, acquire precise positions on a precision grid, and broadcast them instantly back to headquarters.
- A ruggedized, high resolution, low power eyepiece is provided by KOPN for the program.
- The program is expected to last several years.
KOPN to release quarterly results:
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 8:30am ET, Kopin Corp. (KOPN) will announce its third quarter financial results. Dr. John C.C. Fan, President and CEO, and Richard Sneider, Chief Financial Officer, will be discussing KOPN’s financial results, strategy, and business outlook during the conference call.